FUDH Nursing Care
Nursing in the university dental hospital comprises a variety of tasks to be completed both during and outside dental procedure times:
- Sterilizing dental equipment and making sure the correct equipment is available and in good repair
- Sterilizing surgery equipment and keeping it in order
- Meeting patients and collating their dental records, case history, x-rays, etc.
- Mixing dental fillings and molds
- Helping to keep the patient as relaxed and calm as possible
- Assisting during dental procedures - passing tools, keeping the patient's mouth clear of blood and or saliva
- Assisting in the recording of patient's data
- Filing dental practice records.