UC Summer Professional Orientation Program
After the great success of the University of Cincinnati’s (UC) 1st Summer Professional Orientation Program, also known as UC Summer Program, FUE has the pleasure to announce UC's 2nd Summer 3-week Program that is scheduled from July 11 till 29, 2016.
The program is designed for students at FUE’s Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Faculty of Computers & Information Technology and the Faculty of Commerce & Business Administration. To live a full intercultural experience, other international students from different countries will join our students.
• 5 students from each faculty are selected and exempted from the Program’s tuition fees (i.e., US $ 6450).
• Throughout the trip, students are chaperoned by FUE professional staff.
• Upon completion of the program, students receive a certificate from UC.
About UC’s Summer Program
The Program is designed to offer candidates with the know-how that gives them an edge in developing their "professional experience". Classes are held from Monday through Friday for six hours per day.
Week 1: Entrepreneurship
This course provides students with a foundation for enterprise creation. It can be accredited for ALL FUE students as a 2-credit hour University requirement course as a substitute for the Small Business Management MGT100.
Week2: Scientific Thinking
This course emphasizes the analysis of problems by breaking them into major components, and covers different scientific research methods. It can be accredited for ALL FUE students as a 2-credit hour University requirement course as a substitute for Scientific Thinking SCT101.
Week 3: E-Commerce
This course allows students to learn about online marketing and business methods. It can be accredited for ALL FCBA & FEPS students as a 3-credit hour faculty elective course.
The UC's 2nd Summer 3-week Program also includes visits to corporations, popular Cincinnati attractions such as King’s Island, the Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Zoo, or a Cincinnati Reds Baseball Game, evening cultural events as well as guided tours of the City of Cincinnati.
There is also be a welcome dinner and a farewell dinner.
* On-campus accommodation $1000 (three week’s residence)
* Food & beverage $500 (three weeks full board)
* Visa fees $360 is paid to the American Embassy (These entail $200 SEVIS Fees for issuing F1 Student Visa and another $160 visa fees)
* Tuition fees – Exempted
* Internal transportation and airport transfers’ fees – Exempted
* Two cultural/social outings fees – Exempted
* Flight tickets and international medical insurance
* English proficiency is a must.
* Approval from your Faculty Dean who, in turn, will send you to the Manager of International Affairs for a personal interview.
* A Valid Passport
• Contact your Faculty (FCBA Dr. Ghada Refaat, FET Dr. Salah Foda, FEPS Dr. Salwa Mekky, FCIT Dr. Ramadan Moawad) before the January 14th 2016 application deadline.