- Patients should be honest in providing information about their health condition to assist the medical professionals in determining the correct diagnosis and choosing the best and most appropriate medical care.
- Patients should conduct themselves in a manner that does not interfere with hospital procedures or in any way infringes other patients' rights to receive medical services.
The Hospital Complaints Policy set outs the hospital’s commitment to effectively manage patient’s complaints and concerns. The policy aims to ensure optimum complaints management in line with a patient-focused culture that is consistent with the hospital’s mission, vision, and values.
Smoke Free Policy
There is a no smoking policy within the university dental hospital. This policy protects patients, visitors, employees, and students from exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and ensures compliance with legal obligations to ensure a safe working environment
Information Governance Policies
- The right to access both personal and non-personal records.
- Patients’ rights to have personal information held on them corrected or updated if any information is incomplete, incorrect, or misleading.
- Patients’ rights to seek reasons for decisions that affect them.
The dental hospital has a legal obligation to comply with all appropriate legislation in respect of data, information, and IT security.